A book – to drink your way to wisdom. When you share a drink you partake in the oneness of human history – raise a glass and you time travel to the days of the Sumerians. How have I missed reading this book until now?
6 drinks: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Coffee, Tea and Coca Cola.
Wonderful insights like –
- Beer allowed humans to break the tyranny of proximity to running water
- Wine’s crucial role in religion and thought (symposia!)
- Spirits were the lightest way to transport alcohol on ships
- Coffee and Tea fueled business people, scientists, philosophers (cafe culture)
- Coca Cola a truly global unifier